What is Hypnobabies®?
Hypnobabies is a very successful 6 week complete childbirth education course using Gerald Kein's Painless Childbirth techniques instead of simple relaxation, breathing or guided imagery. This allows our Hypno-Moms to enjoy “Eyes Open Childbirth Hypnosis”, easily remaining deeply in hypnosis while walking, talking changing positions; being as mobile as they would like to be during childbirth. We are famous for much shorter, easier and more comfortable labors, making childbirth the joyful experience it was meant to be.
You’ll use your Hypnobabies Workbook, CDs and hypnosis scripts to train your inner mind that contractions in labor will be felt only as pressure, tightening, pushing, pulling and normal baby movement sensations. You’ll be fully in tune with your baby during the birthing process, and as aware as you’d like to be, easily able to communicate and be in charge of your own birth experience.
Hypnobabies uses the same kind of hypnosis techniques that people employ when preparing for surgery without any medication, which is called hypno-anesthesia. Our classes also teach our Hypnobabies Birth Partners how to fully support our Hypno-Moms, although Hypnobabies can also be used very successfully by single mothers.
Including a very comprehensive childbirth education curriculum also ensures that our Hypno-moms remain deeply committed to their Hypnobabies training, since they need not go anywhere else for childbirth education.
Although not every woman will have a completely pain-free unmedicated birthing experience, many of our Hypno-Moms do and our satisfaction rate is excellent, which is very gratifying! Please see our Course Outline for more information.
Benefits of Using Hypnobabies
- Many moms use fewer drugs or no drugs, which means less risk of side effects for you and your baby, due to elimination of the Fear/Tension/Pain Syndrome, and using post-hypnotic suggestions.
- Most Hypno-mothers have shorter labors since there is less resistance of the birthing muscles when pain and fear are minimized or eliminated.
- Hypno-Moms generally have much more energy throughout first and second stage, due to total relaxation throughout the birthing process.
- The birthing environment is much more calm and peaceful when you, the natural childbirth mother are comfortable, relaxed and confident.
- Breech and posterior babies can be turned using hypnosis.
- Blood pressure, heart rate, and temperature can be lowered and nausea, back and hip pain eliminated with hypnosis during pregnancy and labor.
- There are fewer interventions for failure to progress and therefore fewer complications during labor for our mothers and babies.
- As a Hypno-Mom, you are easily "deprogrammed" from the usual negativity of childbirth stories and scenarios you may have heard or read, by way of training in Hypnobabies classes and audio CDs which have positive messages and hypnotic suggestions. This automatically allows you to have a much more positive attitude and confidence in birthing. It is truly a gift that you are giving yourself, an amazingly easy way to enjoy your pregnancy more and actually look forward to your baby's birth.
The following are statistics for Hypnobabies only: (our very successful 6 week course, 18 total hours of instruction.)
- Very Comfortable births - 70-75%. Women who report that they felt mostly pressure, tightening or mild cramping sensations.
- Comfortable until transition - 15%. Pressure only, until the 10-60 minute transitional period, with mild to intense degrees of sensation thereafter. "Very manageable."
- Comfortable until active labor – 10%, with mild to intense degrees of sensation thereafter This group can have any number of things that affect their birth experiences; prodromal labor, posterior or asynclitic presentations that do not resolve, other labor complications, emotional issues, lack of support, or they simply did not do their homework! (30-45 minutes a day) Hypnosis for childbirth won't help a mother or a couple that is not willing to do the work involved in preparing for their baby's birth.
June 4th - July 9th6:00pm - 9:00pm
July 23rd - August 27th6:00pm - 9:00pm
Nurtured Baby Boutique
7501 N. University St. #230
Peoria, IL 61614
If none of these class times work for you, contact me. Private class options are available. I am open to classes in Bloomington/Normal, Peoria, Champaign, Lincoln, and Springfield.